Sunday, May 22, 2011

Fw: H-ASIA: Member update: "youtube" Broadcast of "Thesis Defense-The Political History of Japan between the two World Wars"[e.f]

----- Original Message -----
From: "Frank Conlon" <conlon@U.WASHINGTON.EDU>
To: <H-ASIA@H-NET.MSU.EDU>
Sent: Saturday, May 21, 2011 11:53 PM
Subject: H-ASIA: Member update: "youtube" Broadcast of "Thesis Defense-The
Political History of Japan between the two World Wars"[e.f]


> H-ASIA
> May 21, 2011
>
> Member update: A Youtube Broadcast of "Thesis Defense-The Political
> History of Japan between the two World Wars."
> **********************************************************************
> Ed. note: I am sure we all will join in congratulting Habib for the
> successful defense of the thesis and for prevailing in a challenging
> situation. FFC
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> From: Habib al Badawi <habib.badawi.2@gmail.com>
>
> Hello from Lebanon:
>
> I'm happy to share the successful result of my M.A thesis The Political
> History of Japan between the two World Wars with you after our
> correspondents for several times in the past two years during writing my
> book in Arabic which I will translate it to English as soon as possible.
> In this achievement you played an important part by your unlimited
> encouraging, Iaddress you by quoting from Sir. William Shakespeare :"Upon
> your sword, Sit laurel victory! and smooth success, Be strew'd before your
> feet!" (Antony and Cleopatra, 1.3.121-123), there for I'm always thankful
> for your time, kindness & decency.
>
> The result of my "Thesis Defense" is the perfect score 270\300. I cited
> in from 275 English books & 52 documents (out of 300) trying to reveal
> both
> Japanese & Western point of view on most of the political improvements,
> economical bombasts, sociological changes and military incidents during
> three historical eras of Japanese history including: Meiji period, Taisho
> period and the first phase of the Showa period.It was the best day in my
> life because it was the harvest of five years of hard work, the result was
> a
> celebration of success, achievement and the peaceful Arab-Japanese
> friendly
> relations.I adore those kind people and there decedents, everyone can find
> the courtesy in there behaviour.
>
> Mr.Yasuhiro Mitsui the cultural attache in the Japanese embassy at Beirut
> attended the event, after receiving my degree ,I dedicated my achievement
> to
> the victims of 15 March 2011 Tsunami in Japan. I should mention that I
> created this facebook community =Solidarity with Japan= to morally support
> Japan against the catastrophic natural disaster, there are more than 2600
> members in our group.
> .
> http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_195172373848321&id=20639301272625
> 7&notif_t=like#!/home.php?sk=group_195172373848321&notif_t=group_activity
>
>
> The "Thesis Defense" is on "youtube", it is in Arabic language while the
> PowerPoint is in English, sorry I couldn't put English subtitles because
> it
> is a personal effort without any official support from Lebanon or Japan.
>
> 1- Japan between Two World Wars Part 1 of 5 by Habib Albadawi
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1URj92QHpM
>
> 2- Japan between Two World Wars Part 2 of 5
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orrvMEciTdo
>
> 3- Japan between Two World Wars part 3 of 5
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDrJMC8mUgo
>
> 4- Japan between Two World Wars Part 4of 5
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDOPIaeDd08
>
> 5- Japan between Two World Wars Part 5of 5
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYpUF5Wkx4M
>
> Now I'm preparing for my Ph.D dissertation* , this time I will write
> from the beginning two identical versions in Arabic & English languages.
> Again I'm looking for your moral & educational support especially by
> on-line
> (or pdf.s) references,maps & documents. I'm doing my best to "find my spot
> under the sun" inspired by Thomas Edison who said:"have more respect for
> the
> fellow with a single idea who gets there than for the fellow with a
> thousand
> ideas who does nothing", that why I will perform perfectly* to achieve my
> Doctoral Quest [from Lebanon to the World].
>
> Best Regards
>
>
> Habib
> --
> Habib alBadawi
> American University Beirut
> ******************************************************************
> To post to H-ASIA simply send your message to:
> <H-ASIA@h-net.msu.edu>
> For holidays or short absences send post to:
> <listserv@h-net.msu.edu> with message:
> SET H-ASIA NOMAIL
> Upon return, send post with message SET H-ASIA MAIL
> H-ASIA WEB HOMEPAGE URL: http://h-net.msu.edu/~asia/

No comments:

Post a Comment